Flying is serious stuff but it can also be a lot of fun—especially if you are into gear and gadgets.
Luckily there is a lot of really cool gear to choose from! We've researched and have come up with our list of must-have items for aviators and lovers of aviation.
- Bose A20 Aviation Headset with Bluetooth—this headset only weighs 12 ounces and is engineered to be more comfortable and reduce more noise than any other headset Bose has ever made.
- Pilot backpack—great for storing your personal gear. It features a padded laptop sleeve, large center storage area, computer accessory storage, fleeced-lined audio pocket with headphone exit port and many more features.
- Pro Series Flight bag—perfect for stowing away your camera! It has a molded bottom, patented hide-away headset pockets, file folder for your iPad and documents, reinforced handle with braided steel, and more.
- Cool seat pad—keep your cool with this seat pad which passes water through a cooling system to keep pilots and passengers comfortable.
- SWITLIK life raft—not only does the FAA require a life raft on board for overwater operations for Parts 91.501, 121, 125 and 135 aircraft; a life raft gives you the peace of mind when you're beyond gliding distance from land.
- Smartphone windmeter—the Vaavud wind meter turns your smartphone into a high-tech meteorological tool. Take accurate wind readings, at wind speeds from 2 – 20 m/s (up to 24 m/s on iPhone 5S and up to 48 m/s on some Android phones), with a precision of +/- 4%. And it comes with a practical neoprene bag so you can take it with you anywhere!
- Wireless weather station. The new Davis Vantage Vue weather station combines Davis' legendary accuracy and rugged durability into a compact station that's easy to set up and use.
What are your must have items? What is other cool gear out there? Leave a comment and let us know.
Related PostsLuxury Living at Airparks
Are You Prepared to Meet The New FAA Rules?
Trenton Makes the World Takes